Sunday, October 01, 2006

Field of Souls

Nicole and I went to a great concert at Bass Hall this afternoon where a lot of choirs from all different backgrounds gave a concert in order to raise funds for African orphans. It was very great on so many levels...They did a great job of educating the crowd as much as they could in the time that they had of the statis in Africa. I was amazed as I heard that there are 15 million orphans and that every fourteen seconds another child becomes an orphan. As a believer in Christ, I am reminded that we must be aware of what is going on in different parts of our world,and we must play some part in helping...whether that is prayer, adoption, giving, or going to help.

It was also a fun time for me because some of my students from when I lived in Mansfield were singing in the choir. It was neat to see them be a part in helping others be about what is going on in the world...

0 comments: