So, today I was on my way to this beautiful park to run (I will have to tell you about this park another time) when I saw some people at my apartment pool and I thought "Why am I not over there?" So, I immediately turned around, got my things and headed over to catch some rays. I could not believe that it was Sept. 30th and I was laying buy the pool! (just to give you an idea of the craziness...this was my first time to do this since I have been back) So, I spent the afternoon reading this incredible book about a brother who has lived a couple of hundred years before me. Someone who endured much yet continued to persevere for eternal purposes. I am thankful to have examples of people have gone before me and who have pressed on.
"Brainerds life is a vivid powerful testimony to the truth that God can and does use weak, sick, discouraged, lonely struggling saints who cry to him day and night to accomplish amazing things for His glory. There is a great fruit in their afflictions."
Saturday, September 30, 2006
The Hidden Smile of God
Posted by Cal at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm so sad I missed your call yesterday!! I'll call back soon. What's the name of the book...sounds like a great one!
Post a Comment