Monday, March 21, 2005

The search has ended.....

After six months of searching for it, I finally found it. At home, I had Ted. No, it is not a new boy, but one of my loves in life: I think I have finally found my favorite place to eat in the city. I know that it is hard to believe that it has taken me this long, and unfortunately, it is not Mexican. I have searched far and wide and have had my fare share of mediocre food. However, I think my search is over.

It is this cute little place, off of one of the most famous streets. When we walked in, it was full of national people (which is a good sign). We were the only foreigners in the place, which is nice because that means that they will not get the foreigner price. Now granted, when I entered with about 15 other people (I was with a group), everyone in the whole place turned their heads to stare.

We sat at these small little round tables with these munchkin size chairs. They look like chairs that might be found in a kid's room. The atmosphere was great. The grill was near us alongside a fountain flowing of ayran (this is a national drink that tastes like buttermilk). One of my friends ordered and we were served "family style." They brought out this "big ole" plate of all kinds of different meats, vegetables, and bread. It was soooo good and I even drank some ayran with it!!! They served everything with this kind of long hot flat bread. We all talked as we tasted the different stuff that was offered to us. I have been talking about it ever since!!! So, if any of you come, I will have to take you there!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I get to come will we get to go there.